Monday, October 29, 2007

Blessed Trip, BANGKOK! :)

Ahh..its good to be home *smiles* but after the Bangkok trip, I’m still bombarded with lotsa work & meetings. Well, God is good *smiles*…here are the itinerary during my stay in Bangkok 18th – 21st Oct 2007.


Day 1
Arrived at the Air Asia airport at 6.30am – time to check in at 6.50am – had the most embarrassing moment (not me). One of my client accidentally dump his luggage key that he was holding into the rubbish bin!!... he took out the black plastic & start looking for it, everyone at the airport stares at him. *malu sungguh* did he manage to get the key?? NO! His superior was annoyed, so have to give up la – 2hours flight to Bangkok – the new airport is superb!, cool structural design & raw finish look makes it more futuristic. (check out the pics) We stayed in Holiday Inn Bangkok which is so convenient to visit any shopping malls, basically our hotel is surrounded with shopping malls!! *HEAVEN* - For lunch we got to visit the most expensive food court that I have ever had!..Food loft in Central. 5 of us total of RM280. But the food is *gone mad* - after lunch time, is WORK time - we headed to the fair, Bangkok International Gift 2007& Bangkok International Houseware Fair 2007. This year they are launching new items (designer brand). Apparently they only open for trader & it is not shopping time for us. This exhibition will be all girls favorite shopping place. No clothing items la, but household item, accessories & etc to name it:- Deco items ~my favourite, Origami/greeting card/photo frame~Lyd, Bags/fashion accessories~Geri & Angieand many more, girls!! I tell you, if you ever come to this fair, you’ll be speechless like me *laughs* - After 3hours of walking & no rest, we were hungry. We headed back to the hotel & got to rest for 20mins. Then continue our walking to another shopping mall nearby. Central World shopping mall. Few months ago this place was bombed – Dinner time!! We had Vietnamese. Best beef noodle + my favorite Hot lemon tea *satisfy* - Went back to hotel after that & shower & watch Tom & Jerry till doze off.

Day 2
Breakfast at the hotel – headed to Central again & the retail design is awesome!! (check out the pics) they uses REAL FLOWERS!! Poor SP (client) sneezing for whole 3hours there – we took Skytrain to Paragon & had lunch at Greyhound restaurant. Do you know that Seed Café got their idea from this restaurant? Copy cat huh – we continue our shopping for 2hours then to Discovery Mall (Habitat). Just love the things there in Bangkok – went to State Tower (52 stories high) for dinner. Is the most romantic place ever!. amazing view of Bangkok city & cooling weather. If only I had this with my man, sigh…the dinner cost 9000Baht = RM900 for 4 person! I’m so blessed… all paid by my client – We still manage to do our personal shopping after that. Bought 3 spaghetti stripe tops for only RM10!!.. NICE *smiles*

State tower

Day 3
Went back to the fair since they only open for public on sat. Everything is C.H.E.A.P! – Went to Jatujak market to ship our 100 over items through TNT. We waited 3hours for the goods to be delivered from the fair. Meanwhile I manage to do some shopping *winks* Jatujak market is very crowded, busy streets & if you don’t watch where you’re heading, you’ll get lost – we headed back to Paragon to get more deco items that we missed. But before that, DINNER time. Finally we get to have Thai food. Tom Yam, Mango Salad..yummy…*proud* - after Paragon, Discovery again. Then free & easy! After 3days of walking I feel like ‘osim-ing’ my feet. I have not been walking like this in my life. But it’s a good experience, truly a blessing *smiles* - Went back to hotel & spent an hour + to soak myself into the hot tub. After that sleep like a baby *smiles*

Day 4 (Final day)
Went to Central again but this time, is our own shopping time. We checked out in the afternoon & headed to the airport.

I love shopping! But don’t really have much time for personal shopping but I got to see many creative, unique, cheap items. I’m in love now. With Bangkok *smiles*..definitely I would love to go back there. What are the things that I bought for myself?

~ 3 spaghetti stripe tops for RM10
~ 3 belts for RM10
~ a baby t-shirt for RM10
~ 3 note cute notebooks for less than RM50
~ a can of Coke
~ local designer doll

This is where i shop for pressie *smiles*

And still I’m not satisfy…want to plan for the next trip now. *laughs* Well, it’s time for me to count my blessings. Thank God for this trip, I’m truly blessed. All being paid by company & client.

No comments: