Friday, December 10, 2004

Big mistake!

Today is my grandmother’s birthday!..This is what I thought all the while. Until I make a phone call to Singapore. My mom picked up.

Me: Hi mom, where’s popo??

Mom: She’s at the market. Why?

Me: Nothing just wanted to wish her Happy Birthday.

Mom: Who say today is her birthday???

Me: HAH??! Not today meh? *my mind whisper(am I being forgetful again?)*

Mom: Nope, not today. Actually her real birthday is on Jan 3rd 1930.

Me: Then why she’s telling everyone her birthday on the Dec 10th.

Mom: Because she’s referring to Chinese calendar. We don’t follow Chinese calendar right?

Me: Hmm..yeah..i guess so. No need lar. Then Next month we celebrate her birthday. Ok mi, you take care. Send my regards to popo. Bye.

Oh my gosh!..i thought I forgot her birthday. It can’t be. Cause I’ve saved everyone’s birthday on my phone. My mom & I had a good laugh over the phone. We laughed at our beloved mother/granny. Oh well..at least we’re cleared about it.

"Haha!, Lord my granny is so funny. May you bless her good health, protection and most greatest gift of all, your L.O.V.E."

No comments: