Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tough people

The other day, we were introduced to this bunch of people (client) during lunch time. So as usual we intro ourselves, bla…bla… until I heard the lamest joke that came out from my colleague!! :s

Client: Hi I’m Foo.

My colleague: Oh, really? I’m hungry…

*my eyes pop out!* (silent).. Then my client’s manager say ‘wow…that was a good one’ maybe he doesn’t want to upset my colleague… inside me, I just want to HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHA

Nak buat lawak…tapi…jadi lawak 10sen… hahahhahahahha!!...

Work has been very challenging nowadays… i go to work early nowadays (not because of the lrt story) :p… just because I want to finish up my work, want to get rid of it. But no matter how much I do, work is endless. 365days, busy!!... God is good at my work place, no matter how or what challenges I face, he is in control. But recently, I felt so discourage. Favoritism. Everywhere you go, there will be somebody is being favored by the superior or other colleagues. People can’t accept the way I think, the way I decide & things that I commented. Isit wrong by applying grace in all situations??... because of my thinking & opinion, they often think that I’m weak, not bold & etc… all that they want to do is using harsh sentence, being defensive, being irresponsible, pin point at other’s fault. Sometimes, I just don’t understand & I thought I might not fit in, into this environment.

It is true that we’re not of the world, though we’re part of the world. To act & think like them?, I don’t think I can do such thing. Hypocrite!... nop…I don’t want to be. Once we’re in Christ, I don’t think we can be that mean to others. Yeah…talking about working life is like, dog eat dog world (cina), rat race…bla…bla… if w/out grace, we might be eaten by the ‘dogs’, completely defeated by the enemy… Sigh… this is so different from since I came in… lord, I need your wisdom in handling people. Let me be Your extended hand towards them, let Your light shine in this environment.

I blog this as if, i'm going to a war... ahhaa

4 comments:

Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

To waR! hahaha... hmm well think of it this way! This year has 366 days~ so u got one complete day free~ hehehhehe.

I agree with you. But sometimes we need to stand our ground :) you know what I mean, doesn't mean we blast the person but we use constructive critism Very important that it's constructive ^^. That will most definatly not only sharpen the person (character what not) but make a difference. something like what Jesus does, loving rebukes :).

"18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit"-II Corinthians 3:18

God will always make a way for His beloved, God will give rest to His beloved.

And you my sis, are His beloved ^^

Anonymous said...

thanks Chris! ;)

Anonymous said...

lol. took me a while to get the joke :P

but, btw, favoritism...
there's a cd on grace and favour
:D
-lyd