Thursday, October 20, 2005

Something to share...

Read about this during my devotion the other day… very interesting about making a vow to God.

Deuteronomy 23:21-23
21. If you make a vow to the Lord you God, do not be slow to pay it, for the Lord your God will certainly demand it of you & you will be guilty of sin.22. But if you refrain from making a vow, you will not be guilty.23. Whatever your lips utter you must be sure to do, because you made your vow freely to the Lord your God with your own mouth.

It is so true…I remember I’ve made a vow to God that I’m gonna bless the man of God, our Senior Pastor RM1000 if I get the employee of the month for my previous job. Employee of the month gets the RM1000 reward for being the most smart & outstanding employee. A little faith I have that I’m gonna be the next. But God is good… When my boss announces that I’m the employee of the month, not everyone in the office happy about it. But I don’t care. It is God’s blessing for me.

Hesitation
Yup…when you’re rich, you’ll get itchy! I got lotsa things in mind that I wanna get…but the Lord reminded me of the vow I made before Him. That put me down because I wun’t get what I want if I give all to Pastor. (that is normal)…So I told God this, “Lord can I give RM500? & another half I just wanna bless myself” He didn’t answer anything but I was left with guilt!!...feeling uneasy…& believe me everytime I see Pastor Joshua smiles at me, I feel guilty!...

Great Peace!
So one Saturday, I've decided to give that full amount by FAITH!...knowing that God will bless me & I can NEVER outgive him. I went up to Pastor & bless Him the cash with a cheerful heart. Not sarcastically but real joy. He prayed for me & RIGHT after that I feel the PEACE drop from the top!!...tremendous peace! I feel lifted up, I feel so RELIEF!!...i’ve fulfill my vow!!

Great lesson
I’ve learn a lesson thru all this. So I won’t take it for granted anymore. I’ve said it, I have to fulfill it. God is aware of it. He knows…

Jesus said “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much & whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” Luke 16:10

Condolences to our PM & his family…shocking news about Datin Seri Endon Mahmood who passed away this morning due to breast cancer…friends, we really need to pray for PM & his family…pray for good health & strength to overcome the situation. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

6 comments:

grac said...

awesome, gurl. not many people, me included would have gone the path you did. so proud to have you as cell leader.

L said...

yes yes, you can never outgive God.

thanks for ur encouragement - really appreciate it... i hope my wish will come true. then i'd have good news for you guys :)

fl0rlee said...

thanks grac...i'll do my best for his glory..*wink* is easy to say but to fulfill it, you really need discipline. Once we got da $ 1st ting we can tink is wat can we spend on (tats normal)..

you're welcome lyd..wahh..by wat ur saying, i can guess it de..is drawin near!!..ask big things from God..(well if i guess it rite) hahahha...

tat day was tinking about investing/buying a chair for church.RM 395!!...buy 1 can la..but was tinking buying for my future hubby..(grac u know wat im saying?) hahaha.. jus a tot only..not a vow! haha..but i know i'll be bless by God if i give..WE CAN NEVER OUTGIVE GOD.

Jamie said...

i'm really refereshed and challenged by your vision and faith, Flor. your blessings are coming more than expected.

grac said...

haha- buy one chair only also quite good... then *both* of you can share a chair. but then sooner or later got to buy more little chairs next to your hubby's chair. lol.

fl0rlee said...

im so happy tat my testimony encourage u all..*hehe*..it encourage me as well..

grac: wow!! little chairs?? hahahaha AMEN!!..den i'll buy chairs next to my kids for all the sun skool teachers!! woohoo!